Friday, December 12, 2008

Quadfused


Because they are following me on Blogger (which you can also do if desired - click link in the column on the left that says "Follow This Blog"), I just discovered the blog and website of a polyamorous quad in Tennessee that collectively goes by the name Quadfusion or Quadfused Clan, a/k/a Wounded Turtle, Gentle Dog, Bear Claw and Tiger Lily. So now I'm following them, too. Being a transplanted native Tennessean, and considering that Tennessee is still by and large a very conservative place where condemnation for such a life can be very harsh, I'm always intrigued when I discover polyamory growing and flourishing there.

Before reading a word of the blog, I encountered on the blog's home page this wonderful chalk-on-blackboard piece of prose about not caring about the physical attributes and life circumstances of those with whom I wish to connect, but instead the quality of their mind and heart. That's my approach to love and life as much as possible - my Unitarian Universalist principles support that approach, most certainly.

Kudos to Quadfusion - I plan to learn more and maybe even meet up with them some day when I'm visiting the place of my youth, if they are game. I'm met a few other poly Tennesseans over the past 12 years and will always look forward to meeting more of them.

3 comments:

Anita Wagner Illig said...

Thanks Joyce - glad it's useful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.

I squirmed when I saw this entry. Thank you for writing about us. It is very true that Tennessee can be a hard place to be for polyamory - that's mainly why we're closeted for the most part.

The piece of prose you're admiring is from "Extraordinary Mind" by Andre Jordan.

We would look forward to meeting up with you one day. :)

~ Tiger Lily

Anita Wagner Illig said...

Thanks for the comment and the invitation. Hope the squirming was from pleasure and not from discomfort!